Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Cartoon Network the Death of Saturday Morning Cartoons?

I LOVED Saturday mornings. The whole morning was set aside for those wonderful, educational cartoons. My favorites were Smurfs, Dungeon and Dragons, Bugs Bunny, Dangermouse, The Flintstones, and the Littles. I loved them all. Most Saturdays I was at my Grandmothers house. She would make me an egg sandwich and turn on the old black and white TV that took forever to warm up. Then my Brother and Sister and I would argue over which show to watch or which show was the best.

It is Saturday morning right now and where are my kids? Andrew is on the computer (right beside me), Catherine is practicing Christmas songs on the piano, Georgia is helping Silvia find her Spider book that she loves and Charlotte is waiting for the water to boil for oatmeal. Are the cartoons on? Are the glued to the TV waiting patiently through the commercials to see what happens next? No. I think Cartoon network and Nick has killed the fun of Saturday morning cartoons.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    I have fond memories of saturday morning cartoons...the Smurfs, Gummi Bears....

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Me too, me too. But my kids are stuck on Sprout and Noggin and, occasionally, Nick Jr. And, quite honestly, I hope that they don't graduate for a while.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home