Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Monday, February 18, 2008

He is 13.....


I went to wake him up this morning and just looked at him. I remember bringing him home, all 7 lbs 11 oz of him. I remember being terrified of cutting his finger nails. I remember being so exhausted and so in love. I remember having nightmares of him growing razor sharp teeth and still wanting to nurse. I remember watching him sleep all curled up. And then I woke up my now 13 year old son and saw him stretch. His feet are about to hang off his mattress. He is excited about going to Washington D. C. on a class trip. He is talking about going to his Valentine's Day dance. He is almost as tall as me. He has a humor that makes me laugh out loud. He has a laugh that makes me smile. It seems like he was a baby not so long ago. And yet, here he is all grown up and looking like a teenager. Happy Birthday my Juju. I Love You.
(written on his birthday 2/13)

4 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger Di said...

    Is your son going on the Washington Trip for Safety Patrol? My son did that last year and it was great fun...a 24 hour train trip there and back.

    My son will be bigger than me in no time. Scary.

     
  • At 8:05 AM , Blogger Paula said...

    Hello, old friend! It's been too long since we talked.

    I have been hearing much about you from Amy while we chat here at the knit shop. She misses you. Well, heck, Kim-- we all miss you!

    Did Amy tell you that she is getting pretty good at that knitting thing? Ditto for Jessica. They won't brag so I will.

    I dealt with Empty nest issues by getting a job here as Claire's right hand...needle. It gives me a place to be useful, social and to promote charity which are 3 things I love to do.

    E-mail me if you have the time and the inclination. I think my e-mail address will print along with this note. If not, I will add it next time.

    What I REALLY want to know is where in the h@## you find time to do this blogging thing? I only have 2 kids and I feel sleep deprived. You must either be drinking way too much coffee or you really are SUPERMOM!

    Love and giggles,
    Paula

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    LOL, Paula! I'm just sad I'm not there to learn to knit. I would hav been knocking on your door if I had known you could. I've always wanted to learn.

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Di, he is doing a school trip to DC. They get to go to all these historical places and have fun.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home