Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Time.... Where Art Thou?

I thought I would have enough of it when my kids went back to school. What a joke. I think I have less time. My time is stretched thin all day long. The only day we don't REALLY have anything going on is on Friday. So here is my schedule (like you want to know but whatever! LOL)......
  • MONDAY -- Every other one we have cubscouts... 9 boys, sugar food and trying to learn something.... somedays it works and others, nah. Georgia has dance during all that. Which isn't too bad but a friend of mind was in a car wreck and can't drive for a long time so I take her 2 little girls to dance that day also. Every 30 minutes I am running, picking up, dropping off dancers, helping the boys.... it is a hellish day. With at least 2 extra kids hanging out eating my food.
  • TUESDAY -- actually a light day in that Catherine has gymnastics (which she insisted on adding to her already 1.5 hours of dance schedule... that is another day) and Andrew has Taekwondo. Basically done by 7. After school though I usually have between 2-4 extra kids eating my food.
  • WEDNESDAY -- Church. This isn't too bad but I pick up 2 extra kids so their mom can work extra. Our church program doesn't start until 5:15 with a meal, meetings, choir practice, kids program... done by 7:30 pm. Have I mentioned that these extra kids like to eat my food? And these two eat like they have never seen food.
  • THURSDAY -- Dance.... Catherine has taken dance for almost 5 years. She loves it but man, when they get into the upper groups they go longer. She gets dropped off for dance at 4:30 and picked up at 7:30. Andrew has Taekwondo from 6-7 again. No extra kids but no food either! LOL.
  • FRIDAY -- Crap, thought this was a free day but no, I forgot Girl Scouts. Am I a leader? Yes I am. We meet right after school for Catherine's group. This time it is only 5 girls with sugar and trying to learn something. LOL.
  • SATURDAY -- 10-12 Andrew has Taekwondo practice for the show team. sigh.
  • SUNDAY -- Church. With kids asking to come home with us after church cause I have to go and pick up 5 extra kids and take them to church.

In between all this I get to teach 3 classes, clean house, do laundry, prepare for my sunday school class, make sure homework is done, plan scouting meetings, try to find money to buy food to feed all people.... I need more time. More time to sleep. More time to read. More time to blog. More time to post on my boards. More time to hang with friends. More time to hang with my kids. Ah, TIME. Where Art Thou???


Have I told you how much I am thankful for caffine?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Kim, I'm tired just reading this. I bow to you, woman. I honestly don't know if I could keep that kind of schedule without going certifiably insane.

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Allison said...

    Caffeine rocks. And hon, you are a saint on earth, I'm telling you. I'd hurt myself (on purpose) if I had that schedule.

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Thanks guys! LOL. I'm scared cause this is only 2 1/2 kids doing something (ie Georgia is not counted for much yet, LOL). They only do scouts and an activity. I don't know how some of these parents do it letting their kids do all the sports plus...

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    you are giving me a look into my future Kim..and i'm scared lol.

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Run, Geena! Run fast! LOL. I just never knew my days would be so packed. It's not so bad this week (thank God!) but then I volunteered for Georgia's bookfair at her school and it is eating my my "free" time on Tuesday and Thursday. When will I learn. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home