Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

When Doctors say "Huh"....

I don't think there is anything more terrifying to a parent than hearing that one short sound come from a Doctor. Almost 4 years ago we heard our first "huh". I had taken Georgia in for a check up. I thought she had a UTI (which she did) and while the Doctor was examining her she goes "huh". I asked "What". She asked if G had any more of the large cafe au lait spots on her. I said "Yes, I was going to ask at her well child check up next month". I saw this friendly, all smiles Doctor change and go into DOCTOR mode. There is a difference between being "Doctor" and "DOCTOR".

I got a second "huh" today. I took G in for her well child appointment today and the Doctor did that "huh" while listening to her heart. He asked me if there were in changes in G's activity level. Needless to say my heart skipped a beat. I have had concerns. She has stopped wanting to ride her bike (which is HUGE), stopped wanting to walk much, started having me "feel" her heart that was racing, telling me no certain activities because she was "too tired right now". This has all happened within the last 6 mths or so. Just little things that now seem so huge with that small sound that Doctors make...."huh". The Doctor said is was a small sound. Just something that we needed to look at. G goes in for her heart check tomorrow. I so wish I could wave a wand and the spots would disappear, that there would be no speech problems, or eye problems, or teeth problems, and now heart problems.

Send a few prayers (ok, a lot of prayers) our way for tomorrow.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    ((Kim)) and ((G)) you all are in my thoughts....i hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    Does G have neurofirbromatosis? I am asking because I do, and have cafe au lait spots all over me too.

    Also, my sister is KimmyKay! At leasst that is what I call her.

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Chelle, I'm going to go lurk on your page and respond but yes, she does. She was diagnosed 3 years ago. WOW. Could I pick your brain on how it has affected you in adulthood if it does?

     
  • At 7:27 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Chelle, no I'm not. LOL. Could you e-mail me? gumbymomma@gmail.com I would love to talk some about it if that would be ok.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home