Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Happy Birthday To My Drummer Girl.....


Georgia Marie. Our Georgia Bean. It is hard to believe you are 5. You are so independent and you march to your own drum. I can see the future. You will turn my hair grey faster than the others. That is not a bad thing. I know we frustrate you. You have all these words to say and we have a hard time sorting them out. We are both getting better. You know how things SHOULD go and woe to anyone doing it different. Yet you love to be different. You love to do it your way. If I say lay down, you stand up. If I say jump you will crawl. Don't be afraid. We need more people to step out and do their own thing. I do love that about you. Just remind me I said that when you are 15 doing 15 year old things and not just 5 year old things. You have been letting your voice be heard since you were born. We welcomed you to our family at our house October 20, 2000. With our midwife attending, you came into this world screaming, all 10 pounds 2 oz's. And you didn't stop for a couple of weeks. You were so intense. Your whole body would let us know when you weren't happy. And when you were happy, there was so much joy. Thank you for all the joy and laughter you have brought to our family. Much love and tummy tickles, Mom.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home