Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Crazy World...


Kids, they always keep us on our toes. Mine are no different. It seems my accident prone daughter, Catherine, has struck again. I thought it was going to be my son, Andrew, that would send me to the Dr/ER/Radiology more than anyone. That is what stereotypes do to you. But no, it is my pink, frilly, princess Catherine that has had a broken collar bone, dislocated elbow (a couple of times), 3rd degree sunburns, illnesses out the wazoo and now.... a drum roll.....


Yep, a broken foot.. complete with cast. Yes that is blue, because pink is passe in her book for now. It seems that a cast iron lid (our 12 inch lid) fell straight down on her foot. A couple of broken metatarsals later, we are here, hobbling around on crutches, enjoying the attention but hating the pain in her arms as well as her foot. I'm thinking I need to up my caffeine intake to keep up with these kids.

I am amazed that Thanksgiving as come and gone...

and we are in the home stretch of Christmas. I think the kids are ready....


But am I????

2 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM , Blogger Tami said...

    GREAT pics Kim!!! looks like it would be a lot of fun hanging at your house!!!

    BTW, I have an award for you at my blog.

    www.thecuriels.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:17 AM , Blogger v said...

    Hah ... I saw my son got hit by a car and he went literally flying right in front of me. Imagine my shock and fright. Luckily the damage was minor. But I wouldn't want that happen again. NO.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home