Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

When It Rains, It Pours....


My hubby went out of town last week. I swear if the kids had anything going on this year it all happened last week. Everything from dance, gymnastics, taekwondo, church, brownies, UMW meeting, Dr. appointment, more taekwondo (testing for that blue belt)... on top of that it was HOT. Ok, not summer hot but not fall cool. Do you know how short tempered you can get when it is in the 80's and humid? I refuse to turn on the A/C in the middle of NOVEMBER! Oh, and the van died so I was running around with 4 kdis in a SL Saturn. With 2 carseats my kids were not comfortable, well the older ones weren't. AND I got some house work done. I was so motivated that week. Now, I haven't even done a load of laundry. sigh. life. We all survived.


Thanksgiving is upon us. Now we juggle where we go for the holiday season. Some of the family wants to do but doesn't know when. Others are scheduled and ready to go. While another side says ok, but.... I think the holidays are all about family (the good, the bad AND the ugly) but it is so hard making everyone happy. I don't even want to thinking about Christmas. I'm not looking forward to all that cooking but love to have family and friends around to poke fun at my attempts. ~grins~ I hope everyone is ready and got a turkey ready to go. Dh is going to attempt cooking said turkey ala "Good Eats" way (show from the cooking channel). I'll let you know how it goes.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Kim...I was wondering how you were doing. Sounds like the usual...BUSY.

    Yeah, I wouldn't want to turn on my a/c in November. But I'm a cranky bitch when I'm hot, so I probably would to spare my children the wrath of a sweaty mother. ;)

     
  • At 6:42 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Yep, here I am. I'm about to go insane getting ready for Thanksgiving (church we are volunteering to help a family that I know so I'm taking her shopping for food and such), Girl scouts are volunteering at a nursing home so I'm getting that ready, Georgia has discovered a new game and is on the computer all the time... sigh. I swear I'm never home recenly. I get on the board and read the outline but not much else. And then there is Christmas... shudder....

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    I've missed you on the boards! I'm glad you got the time to blog, though...'cause I know time's hard to come by. :)

     
  • At 7:33 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    I loved your pictures of Oliver. I swear kids have radar. Julia will probably relax knowing her will fill in when needed. LOL. He is such a cutie. And thanks for the WTM link. I'm addicted to her blog now. ~grins~

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home