Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm Being Interviewed....


Makes me sound so important! ~grins~ I had to beg Allison of Plant Alien to let me play and here is what she came up with. I hope you enjoy.

1. Name your very favorite characteristic of each of your children (physical and/or non-physical... your choice).

Sit back, this may take a while with 5 kiddo's running around. Andrew is my type A personality child. I find it amazing that he is so comfortable in doing things that I found terrifying. He has participated in Taekwondo tournaments (won a few too!), sang solo's in church, had roles in school plays and LIKED it.

Catherine, child #2, is a type A also. (where they got that I don't know). Her enthusiasm and dreams are amazing. She always has a smile on her face and wants to do everything... learn to play piano, live on a farm, raise animals, learn to ride horses, garden, ice skate... if she could take lessons on everything she wanted to do she wouldn't have any free time and would love it.

Georgia, #3, has amazing patience. Out of all my kids she will sit down and work a 100 piece puzzle... over and over and over again. If something needs fixed she will find the tools and work on it herself. She reminds me a lot of my Dad.

Charlotte, #4, is filled with wonder. She will have to stop at everything and look. She finds "treasures" everywhere. She loves to ride her tricycle fast and furious while singing about everything she sees.

Silvia is my baby. She is full of Sunshine. It is hard to have a bad day when she is sitting there looking at you with full smiles. Who wouldn't love that.

2. Are you going to go back to teaching again or rock the SAHM thing for awhile?

Although I love being home I miss having my "own" money. I never thought it would bother me no making money. I have worked (reported to the government) since I was 16 (always had jobs since I was 14). I like that freedom I guess. I wouldn't mind working from home (a possible textbook gig). I would miss the teaching (again, something I NEVER thought I would love doing that but I did... I hope I passed on some of my love of Sociology).

3. What do you miss most about your old house (at least one thing material... like that screen door I LOVED, and one thing generally speaking... not necessarily a tangible thing)?

I did love that screen door, snort. It would be a toss up between the hardwood floors (I LOVED those things, we have carpet now) and the built in book cases. I had so many books stuffed on those things. Now, not so much room. A lot of my books are still in boxes. It makes me sad.

4. What author (living or dead) would you love to meet in person? (This assumes that if it's one that is dead already, they would be alive for the meeting. LOL!)

These types of questions always make me draw a blank, I'll write something and then tomorrow I'll think of 5 others that I would like to add. ~grins~ I guess right now I would say James Michener. His book The Source was the first HUGE novel I read and fell in real love of grown up books. Dang, now I thought of Laura Ingalls Wilder... I loved the Little House books. Ah, so many more....

5. Name your top 5 favorite movies of all time.

They may not be profound but will have meaning as to why...

  • The Little Mermaid -- Jeff and I went to see this when we were poor college students and laughed that someday we will have kids and have a reason to see cartoons.
  • The Sound of Music -- Before VHS or DVD's this would come one once a year and I would spend the evenings (always took 2 nights) with my Grandmother. I loved watching that with her.
  • Singing in the Rain -- I'd like to thank my Mom for my love of "older" movies. This one is tops. Makes me want to sing and dance for no reason whatsoever.
  • It's a Wonderful Life -- I have to watch it every Christmas. Who wouldn't want to find out how much you mean to others. Plus, I just LOVE Jimmy Stewart.
  • Cheating alert... Anything by Tom Hanks. I LOVE Tom Hanks. People say my hubby has a passing resemblance to him. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home