Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Need To De-Box...

These are not my boxes but they could be. My poor garage is either stuffed with boxes with all our stuff or empty boxes or boxes with packing paper. I am a little sick of boxes. I have at least 3-4 boxes in each room with the formal living room containing the most. Stuff... Why do we have so much? I think about places that value things that are necessary and can pick up at a moments notice. It took 4 packers 8 hours to pack and label our stuff. Another 6 hours to load it on a HUGE truck. How much do we really need? If you ask my kids, every single thing! We give a lot but we still have so much. Our last day in Arkansas most of the people we had been helping with food and work showed up. I told them they could take any food left in the house. Any items in the house or in our yard. The desperation of their needs overwhelmed me. Stuff. I'm surrounded by it. I'm thankful for it. I try to never forget about the others that do not have even a half gallon of milk.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    if only one of us would win the lottery, then i could fly out to help

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    That would be so sweet! LOL. You are still my idol on unpacking!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home