Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Gathering my Thoughts....

Monday was horrific. My mind went into overload thinking about those kids at class. The only thing on their mind was deadlines, staying awake and making it those last few weeks before the semester ended. Those that are graduating are looking forward to a new life. Some were just trying to make it through this one class, get those credits and move on. They didn't know. I heard a news person say about some of the students at the school not having family there to help them. My heart broke. For those kids that ceased to physically exist in that horrific moment, for the kids that had to deal with this mind boggling, you can't make sense of it day, to the parents so far away and waiting to know. My mom always tells me that being a mom doesn't end when we walk out of the house at 18. She still wants to fix things for us, put band-aids on our sorrow, wipe our tears away. But a lot of times she can't. This week I've thought about when I'll be kissing my kids good-bye as they go to start their life without me by their side. My mind is still in overload. My sorrow for these kids overwhelmed me today as they read their names. My heart broke for all the moms out there that had to hear their baby's name.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger Mary said...

    :-(

    In a way I'm glad I worked on Monday, so I didn't watch ANY coverage of it. It's nice to be removed in that sense, but then I feel like I didn't and don't feel the impact of what happened, ya know? It's so strange.

    It just makes me so sad to think about all the parents who lost their kids. sigh.

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    My mind went into overload too -- and then I just kind of numbed out. I just cannot wrap my head around any of this... But you're right, the fact that there were parents so far from their babies who were suffering is pretty much the most heartbreaking part of it all, speaking as a mom. :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home