Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Most Favorite Time of the Year...

The First Day of School. I loved it as a kid. I loved the new clothes (one of the few times we got new clothes and shoes), new crayons, the smell of new books, seeing my old friends, reading new words... Every thing seemed so new. A new beginning. I loved it. I am happy to announce that my kids love school too.

The traditional "who wants to be asleep right now" picture:


AND I'm happy to announce that Charlotte is going to school 2 afternoons a week at her sisters school. She is happy too...

So I guess it is just you and me baby!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Isn't it a little early for school to start?!

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Di said...

    The only thing better than the first day of school? The quietness you experience on your child's first day of school! Love the smile!

     
  • At 7:43 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Katherine, it's called year round school! They only get 6 weeks off for summer, 3 weeks in the fall, I think 3 for winter and a 2 week spring break. They go the same amount of days as other schools just broken up in different chunks.

     
  • At 11:51 PM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    My cousins in Fresno used to do year round school. That almost sounds better to me. Summer gets long and boring after awhile.

    I hope they all have a great time!

     
  • At 4:00 AM , Blogger Allison said...

    LOL at the sleeping photo! Too funny! They're all so damn cute!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home