Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Thump, Thump... I Knew It Was Coming....

My mom has heart disease. She has had a triple by-pass, angioplasty, stints, medication. She has had it all and her ticker is still going. She suspects that HER mom had the same problems but not diagnosed. Even my mom was told her symptoms were all in her head, nothing to worry about until she had to be taken for a triple. This all leads up to my Doctors appointment and finding out my bad cholesterol was very bad. I don't just have to drop it a few points, I have to cut it in half plus some. They have also found that you can get a heart imaging for calcium deposits. If deposits show up then that is a high indicator that your heart isn't doing well or won't in the future. I'll update you on that as I go. Off to research heart healthy choices and kiss my bad foods goodbye.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    (((Kimmy Kay))) Take care of yourself!

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    ((KIM)) hope that your heart shows no calcium deposits. And that you can cut your cholestrol quickly and painlessly

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home