Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Monday, August 13, 2007

You Know You Are A Mom With Young Children When...


You count the day that 3 kids were in school, 1 was playing a game and 1 was taking her nap as a good day because that was the day you got to use the bathroom with no crying, crawling, checking in on me, asking me a question, hearing the phone ring, saying someone needed to use the bathroom (even though there are 2 MORE bathrooms in this house!) and they liked the bathroom I was in. Ah, the joys of parenting.
During the fun bantering moments of when Jeff and I argue over who had the hardest day, I can usually win with "Did you get to go to the bathroom by yourself today?" Nothing can trump that.
On a side note, the picture of the outhouse up there is so nostalgic because I grew up going to a church that the only bathroom to be had was an outhouse. We had 2 of them in fact. One for the men and one for the women. The poor boys outhouse was the worst and the door was almost gone but it did face the cow pasture so there was some privacy. I became a master at holding it for the 2 1/2 hours on Sunday morning. Ah, small country churches, gotta love them.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    I have pulled the "Did you get to go to the bathroom by yourself today?" card many, many times. It gets me 15 minutes of "I'll take the kids outside to play" every time! *grin*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home