Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ms. Fix It

Let me ask a few questions.....

  1. Could I fix the toilet that is leaking and costing me precious money every month? No.
  2. Could I fix my sink which is leaking? The disposal is broke. To get it to work I have to run an extension cord from the plug of the disposal to a plug in in the wall and then do it very fast cause it will spray water everywhere in my kitchen. Nope, I can't do that.
  3. Could I fix my sons room up so that he has some doors for privacy? Nah, too easy.
  4. Could I fix my computer hates me and runs massively slow? No way.
  5. What about my car that makes this awful noise since dh hit a dead animal? Ain't gonna happen.

So what can I fix?

  1. Broken dolly arms
  2. Invisible boo-boo's
  3. A simple snack for starving kids
  4. A sock that has magically come off the foot when it shouldn't
  5. A pant leg that is messed up
  6. Hair 5 seconds before they have to leave for school
  7. A book that just won't stay put

So far most of the problems my 10, 8, 5 and 2 year olds have.... I hope it stays that way for a little longer. Makes me feel like a Ms. Ty Pennington.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:10 AM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Hubby hit a dead animal? Um...LMAO!

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    It was horrible. It was dark and raining. We were driving to see my dad (he was very sick) and a HUGE thud. Ripped a hole in the exhaust somewhere. They want to replace it to the tune of $500. sigh. It is low on the list of repairs I'll spend $500 on. LOL.

     
  • At 3:38 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Oh my...now I feel bad for laughing. That sucks! The only dead animal I hit was a skunk that had just been hit, and I must have taken off its little scent sac because my car stunk for *weeks*.

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Don't feel bad. It was actually very funny. It was a dark and rainy night, traveling with the kids and then a huge thud, we screamed... Jeff said no way am I going to go and see what that was (it was a huge dog) then we had to cause we were thinking it could be a ... person or somethings. Ah, imagination. Then we had to get the kids to stop saying "Daddy killed a DOG!" every 5 minutes (it was already dead). Well, it was funnier when you didn't have much sleep and were driving all night. LOL.

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Oh Kim, I can just imagine the kids in the car going on about Daddy killed a dog. LMAO. Julia would talk about that for *months*.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home