Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Mystery Meat Anyone?


Does anyone remember these? We used to have T.V. dinners all the time when I was growing up. It was just another quick meal my mom would throw in the oven. They ranked up there with Banquet Fried chicken and pot pies.

I LOVED pot pies. I could eat my weight in pot pies. I still could. It's just hat my kids do not like them. The Banquet Fried chicken, not so great. We had it every Sunday unless we had money then we went to KFC. Now there was chicken. Not counting my Grandmother's fried chicken which was the best ever! My mom never fried chicken that I remember. I think she just decided to not even compete so the box chicken was it for us.

Then it was the T.V. dinners. OH, the choices. The dry potatoes. Carrots and peas. A slab of meat. Who could ask for more. We loved them. Our freezer was always stocked. So I decided to walk down memory lane and bought the kids T.V. Dinners. They LOVED the Salisbury steak. Who knew that slab of meat was so tasty. They even box it up by itself. No sides needed. Just that wonderful meat. 6 to a box and all under $2. I bought more. I cooked it last night and you would have thought I had filet mignon wrapped in bacon. Andrew had 3 pieces. Catherine had 2. Georgia did have to have ketchup to eat with it and Charlotte just ate the ketchup. A supper fit for a King... As long as you don't expect much from that king.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    I used to make them just for the mashed potatoes.

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    We never got tv dinners. Never! I always wanted them though, because the separate places for each part of the meal seemed so cool. I was so deprived.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home