Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Psycho Cats With No Family Around....

So I'm enjoying my night of vacation. A friend called and wanted to take me out for supper. We had a really good time. Cracker Barrel breakfast rocks! She took Charlotte and I back home. It was close to bedtime so I checked all the doors and made sure everything is locked up tight. Charlotte fell asleep and I was on my way to slumber land when I hear something. Now usually I'm ok with the dark. Even when Jeff works late it doesn't bother me but when I know I"m here for the whole night, by myself.... well, I can get antsy. So I hear the noise again. It sounds like someone is turning the front door knob. So I open my bedroom door (which is closed so the cats won't smother us with love) and inch out into the hall. I hear the noise again. I flip the light on to the porch. Look outside. Nothing. It finally dawns on me it is probably one of our crazy cats. Meowing doesn't get much attention with 4 kids running in the house so to let us know they are ready to come in they jump up to our door knob and try to turn it. I opened the door and Tiger struts in ready to bed down for the night. Crazy cat... but smart.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    That would freak me out! As much as I'd love some time to myself here, I just don't sleep well if Dave's not here at night.

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    I hate, hate, hate the nights when my husband is out of town. I'm a strong, independent, grown woman, mother of three and very capable...who sleeps with the lights on when I'm alone. So sad. There is no way I could have opened that door - you're a braver woman than I!

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    I just knew there was a hooked man ready to pounce. I hate that I get that way. I'm good all the way until bedtime. LOL. Tis sad.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home