Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Mountain....

My Mother used to call ours "Hamby Mountain". Sounds like something that we owned, could climb to the top of, do the whole "goodnight John boy" routine on. But our mountain didn't rival Walton's mountain. Nothing so spectacular. Nothing so grand. It was actually pretty horrifying and dreaded. See Hamby Mountain was what we called the pile of laundry we had to contend with every day/week/month/year. With raising four kids, my mom had a massive amount of laundry. We did a dance and celebrated when we could see the bottom of the baskets. It didn't last long.

I never thought I would see the day when I had my own mountain. It keep growing. The bad thing is that I hate doing laundry. I hate every step there is of doing laundry. I think it is a carry over from my childhood mountain. ~grins~ The image you are about to see may scare some. Please note that I did not have all the laundry in that one pile. It was the major bulk of it though. Again, note that I did warn you about the graphic nature of the photo. May it not scare you as much as it scares me.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    ((kim)) you need a laundry fairy and now lol

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Nope, probably just you. I'm sure your laundry doesn't look like that. LOL. (((to my hubby and kids)))

     
  • At 10:24 PM , Blogger HB said...

    Damn Kim - I'm gonna hve nightmares now, thanks! ;)

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Heather, I warned you! LOL. I was trying to remember the warnings they give on TLC when doing ER stories "Due to the graphic nature of this shows content this may not be...." Go hug your laundry and thank your lucky stars!

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    nope i don't think my laundry has ever looked like that...but again we all know i have issues lol

     
  • At 10:11 AM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    KIM. Thank you for posting this. Now I don't feel so bad.

     
  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    I actually like doing laudry. Everything smells so good. Of course, I don't like to put it away, so the folded piles usually sit in our living room until they are worn and put back in the laundry room. Our folded stacks might just sit as high as yours some days!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home