Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Friday, May 19, 2006

And They Dance......

God has seen fit to give me 3 girls with one on the way. 4 GIRLS! I'm not a girly girl at all. When I was growing up you could find me on my bike (the coolest transportation EVER built!), in a tree, climbing my house, jumping from rickety sheds (Mrs. Bells called and told on me for that one!), exploring water ways (ie creeks), building hay forts.... Well you get the picture. My hair wouldn't curl, I hated dresses (with a passion! My poor mom), high heels about kill me (I'll have to tell you how the Registrar of the University now calls me Grace after 17 years from a fall I took in his office where I worked, sigh).... I just didn't get that cutesy girly gene. Now my Sister got them. She loved to dress up, fix hair, date, prance and priss (sorry Tammy, but it is true). Me? Nada. So God in that wonderful way has give me ... Soon to be.... 4 girls.

My girls love to dance. They love to dress up, get their hair done, put makeup one and shake their groove thang. Who knew. I don't have a groove thang to shake unless you really want to laugh. Charlotte already prances around in Georgia's (or whoevers she can find) clip-clops (ie tap shoes). So they dance. And I am amazed. And I love to dress them up, fix their hair (thanks Tammy... I learned just for you all those years ago and I can still do it), put their makeup on and watch them shake their groove thang. They are beautiful. Graceful. Amazing.


2 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Oh, congratulations! I, too, am not a girly-girl. And I was relieved when my first-born was a boy: I didn't know if I'd be a good mom to a girl. But my second arrived wearing pink...and it's wonderful. :)

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    p.s. Your girls are beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home