Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I Did It.... Grandma Would Be Proud....

I made her wonderful Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits! Don't knock it until you try it. Let's go down Memory Lane for this one.....

My Grandmother was a wonderful lady and she showed how wonderful every time my Cousins came into town. They lived in Georgia and we only saw them 2 times a year. My Uncle was a teacher and every summer and Christmas, when he had time off, they would load up and come to Arkansas. It was a huge highlight that we all looked forward too. I have so many wonderful pictures and memories of their visits. One day I'll post a few of my favorites. At least once during their visit my Grandmother would get up and start cooking the most wonderful breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, chocolate gravy and bisuits. As kids, there was nothing better than chocolate gravy and bisuits. Our plates were always clean by the end of the meal. I can still see all the dishes of food in the middle of her table and all of us sitting around waiting to dig in. My Grandmother was the best!

So incase you need to have some yourself, here is the recipe I used. It is not her exact recipe, that was on my computer and the cousins were playing computer games, so I found this one in my recipe book. The kids' plates are clean.... well, except for Georgia. Refer back to the previous post about chocolate pudding. The kids just isn't right when it comes to chocolate!

Chocolate Gravy
2 c. milk
2 heaping Tbsp. cocoa
2 heaping Tbsp. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter

Mix together cocoa, flour, and sugar. Add milk, stir, and cook over low heat until thick; add butter and stir until melted. Serve with hot biscuits.

It worked and I was happy. The kids were happy. I might cut back a little on the sugar but I'm not loving sweet, sweet things right now. I also added a little extra cocoa. I"m all about that deep chocolate look. All I know, what a wonderful memory and I glad I could pass it on, thanks to my wonderful Grandmother.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    YUM! What a great recipe to be able to pass down to your kids! :)

     
  • At 9:01 PM , Blogger Allison said...

    Dude, I soooo want some of this. Like RIGHT NOW! LOL! I'll have to try it sometime!

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Having computer problems. Stupid computer. It is wonderful and chocolaty! AND easy to make (or I wouldn't even try, LOL).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home