Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The First Day of School....

I've taken pictures of the kids on the first day of school since Andrew was Georgia's age. They just keep growing.


It's the most wonderful time of the year. School bells are ringing. Parents are singing. Alarm clocks are sounding. All my school age children jump up from their beds, eat, get dressed, brush teeth, grab backpacks and leave with a smile on their face.....



I then asked them to show me how they really feel.....


Yep, that's what I thought. I still made them all go away. They came back at 3:00 pm with glowing reports of having a wonderful day. Andrew made it to all his classes (first day of Jr. High and switching classes). His best friend since he was 4 yrs old was in most of them. He gets to start band this year. He is excited. Catherine reported that the teacher made them take 3 timed math tests which she thought was unfair but did her best. She is crossing her fingers there are no tests today. Georgia was really sad because the Gingerbread man has escaped and they have to look for him all this week in the different areas of the school. I'll post her picture of how sad she was later. I asked what she would do if she found the Gingerbread man and she sighed like I didn't know anything "EAT HIM!". Ah, good thing to know.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    LOL! I love the pictures, especially the one where they're tellin' it like it is. You guys crack me up. :)

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Ahhh...the first day! So full of promise and excitement. And a house so full of QUIET! :)

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Candy said...

    ROFLMAO... I adore the last one... you must frame that.

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Momo said...

    Love the pics--asks Georgia if she knows 'The Muffin Man'. He is delicious and he lives on Durry Lane! LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home