Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Yes, I Am Here.... In Theory....

I know. I'm supposed to post some more pictures. I promise I will. I've been overwhelmed with kids. Kids here... Showing up and not leaving and wanting to use my computer. Kids leaving for Church Camp. Kids coming home from Church Camp only to send another one off to Camp. Wonderful weekend with a cousin (Megan came and spent a few days with us and then Tammy came down for over night). Now I'm attempting to finish organizing our churches VBS. Why did they ask me? Why did I say yes? I'm NOT an organized person. I've never organized a VBS. I've worked plenty but let me tell you that when we did VBS in the old days (LOL, 25 years ago counts as "the old days" now) we didn't do all this decorating, computer slide shows, multi media events. I'm kind of overwhelmed. I keep telling myself that it's the message and not the decorations but when you are in charge you think about it all. I'll tell you all about the outcome next week. Please Pray for me... And the kids... And the workers...And that maybe the heat would go away for just a few days....

Anyway the point of this post is my freaking out when I posted on my Mommy boards. I post to some boards that have other mommy's that have kids the same age as mine. When you join some of these boards you get to "decorate" your posts with pictures, blinkies, time lines and such. I'm a minimalist and have a group kid picture and a child #5 count down timeline. I love it. Well, I did until I actually looked at the timeline today. With child #1 I could tell you to the month, week and day that he was to be born. With #2, I was good with the month and week. #3 came along and I was lucky to remember how many months I was. With #4, she was due at the end of June. That's all you get. Now #5. Again, I'll let you know she is due at the beginning of October but the game has changed. I now have this timeline. It tells me this today.... I am 28 weeks. I could handle that but it has to tell me more. It tells me I only have 85 days until Birthday. Oh My Goodness!!! 85 days. The numbers keep getting smaller. I keep getting bigger. And hotter (it was 101 degrees today...Summer is just starting here). Just sitting here typing this post is making me ache. ~grins~ I'm trying to enjoy it and I keep telling myself "this is the last one, remember and enjoy" and then I need a nap. So, I'm here. Sometimes only in theory. I think about things to write about. Then I sleep. Then I don't remember what brilliant post I had working in my head. Hang with me. I'll try and whine... um POST ... More.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Just wait until the sleep deprivation hits after she gets here........lol!

     
  • At 7:16 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    My take on it is...you don't really "have to" enjoy it. Just wallow in the misery at times - it can be kind of fun in a warped way! LOL. I was never a good pregnant person and by #3 when people would ask if I was excited I'd answer "No - I'm tired." Oops! Did I mention I was always a cranky pregnant person? ;)

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Blogger Candy said...

    Awwwww.... just under 3 months... I'm so excited for you (and wondering what the heck I'd do with 4 kids in 101 degree heat and pregnant. I'd have to move.)

     
  • At 6:16 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    It was worse last week, Candy. OMCow, I thought I would die. We live in an old house and our A/C just couldn't keep up. The temp topped out at 105 (index of 115) at some point last week. It almost feels like winter outside this morning (in the upper 60's) LOL.

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It is every woman's dream to become a mother. Good health of the mother can provide the best pregnancy outcome. A healthy well balanced diet and adequate exercise are essential for a healthy baby.

    getpregnant-aftermiscarriage.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home