Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

How was my day yesterday....


You ask? Don't get stressed but this is an actual day in my life. It was a little more hectic in that I had a teacher visit scheduled for Tuesday. Georgia and Catherine's school has their teachers visit the kids in their home. Kind of a bonding moment there. I like the idea but it didn't play out well yesterday. So here goes, enjoy.....

6:00 am -- Wake up and get a little alone time.

6:15 am -- first wake up call to Andrew

6:30 am -- all kids are awake now

6:35 am -- the next hour is spent getting lunches made, breakfast made, mad dash to find all things that were not found the night before.

7:18 am -- Out the door to drop of Catherine and Georgia at Cat's friends Laurens house because they wanted to go to school together.

7:30 am -- get Andrew to school but he doesn't like to get there this early but I don't care. Say I Love You and drive off.

7:35 am -- get home and start planning my cleaning. I clean and clean until I think Silvia needs to go down for a nap. She won't nap. I'm sad she won't nap. It is now

10:30 am -- time to get Charlotte ready for her school with her backpack, make her lunch, get her cleaned up and get her hair done.

11:25 am -- Drop Charlotte off at school.

11:30 am -- Meet Jeff for Lunch at the local Thai place. Enjoy a nice visit and food but Silvia isn't happy since SHE DIDN'T TAKE A NAP.

12:30 pm -- Head to the grocery store because I need diapers, toothpaste, soap, and other items to make it through the week.

1:00 pm -- Pull into the garage to discover that Silvia had fallen asleep. Lay her down on the couch so I can clean upstairs. I then remember I have a meeting with Georgia's speech teacher at 2:30 when I pick up the kids... remind myself for the next hour and a half.

2:25 pm -- late getting out the door cause Silvia was sleeping so well but had to wake her up. sigh. Rush out to get Charlotte (they charge extra if you are a minute late!).

2:30 pm -- pick up Charlotte but miss Georgia. Her teacher said Catherine has her. Find Catherine. Catherine is needing to go to a meeting (reading and writing club) but doesn't want to go by self. I have to walk her there.

2:35 pm -- make it to Speech meeting. It was good.

3:01 pm -- Done with speech but late to pick up Andrew. What is the use of cell phones if mine doesn't work in certain areas and he never turns his on.

3:05 pm -- make it to Andrew's school. Marshall wants to come over. I'm good with that.

3:10 pm -- Settle kids in with a snack, Get last minute things picked up.

3:40 pm -- Tell Andrew I'm leaving to pick up Catherine at her school. Georgia and Charlotte want to stay home. That is fine but WATCH THEM. Andrew informs me that Mason needs to be picked up so he can come over. Fine. I'll pick up Catherine first, then Mason, then go to drop Catherine off at Girl Scout meeting. (all the while trying to make it back for the Teacher visit at 4:30).

4:05 pm -- Catherine and Mason picked up. Drop Mason off at house. Take Catherine to her Girl scout meeting at the local High school. Miss the troop that was supposed to be at the flag pole. Have to get Silvia out of the car with NO SHIRT on cause I wasn't going to get out. Had to find Catherine's room she is meeting in.

4:15 pm -- After much hand ringing and griping at other drivers I pull around the corner and see my garage. With a strange car parked in front. whisper to my self (Please don't let it be the teacher).

4:16 pm -- Go inside my house and spot Georgia's teacher at the head of my stair case. Seems Andrew didn't hear the door bell but Georgia did and invited her teacher in to help CLEAN HER ROOM!!!

4:17 pm -- Know I'm getting the neglectful mom award since Georgia opened the door when she wasn't supposed too. Show pictures of my oldest son who is no where to be seen so the Teacher doesn't think I just left kids at home with no one.

4:18 pm -- notice smell in living room, seems Charlotte found some chest rub that Andrew is using and proceeded to decorate a side table with it. They also found a box of plastic ware I didn't know we had and played in the living room with it.

4:20 pm -- Marshall's mom picks up Marshall. She is the nurse at the same school that my girls go to. I wonder if she will hear about Georgia just opening the door.

4:45 pm -- Teacher leaves and I think I covered well and look ok to be a mom of 5 kids.

5:30 pm -- Have to take Mason home. I make all the kids go with me this time. I'm 1 minute late dropping him off and his cell is ringing with his parents asking where he is.

5:40 pm -- Get home. Fall on the chair to rest and Jeff walks in.

5:49 pm -- Tell Jeff I should really leave so I can pick up Catherine on time from Girl Scouts.

5:57 pm -- I leave but am running late as always.

6:04 pm -- pick up Catherine. She was the last to get there but NOT THE LAST TO LEAVE. I feel proud.

6:18 pm -- Get home. Kids ask what is for supper. My response "I don't care. It is fend for yourself night."

That was my day. I have 5 kids. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.........

7 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    Phew! I am tired now! ;)

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Me too. Which is why I haven't done a THING today. LOL.

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Jen said...

    Our days? They sound too similar. Want a drink?

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    jen m., Yes, I will take a drink! The sad thing is I just got in from picking up groceries again and looked at the clock. I don't want to go pick up kids! LOL.

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Mary said...

    ugh. no fun

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Too funny! (And exhausting!) 4:16pm made me laugh out loud. Literally!

    What's with a teacher home visit??? No, no. I would need to build a whole new house before a teacher visit.

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Allison said...

    I'm totally LMAO right now. Mostly because that is SO how my days go. And I only have TWO kids. I'd lose a kid if I had five. LOL!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home