Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Sugar High Holiday...



Ah, Halloween. I have such fond memories of this holiday. My mom was so artistic and we lived in a house that could have come off the pages of Haunted Halloween Houses that it was a perfect holiday for us. Living in Arkansas meant that we didn't get to do too much with this day. Schools started having "Harvest Parties", parents complained if you did anything related to bats or witches during this month, most houses never even turned their lights on. To my wonderful surprise it is almost a weeklong holiday here. We had Trunk or treat at our church last week. Then we did Boo at the Zoo with Catheirne's Girl Scout troop on Friday. Next was the Halloween at the Park down the street from us on Saturday. Finally it was last night. We had so many kids. Andrew's school let the kids dress up as long as they didn't wear a mask over the face. Adults and kids alike were all decked out for the fun. It was nice. It was fun. I can't wait for next year... I say as I shove all the decorations in a box because I'm tired of black and orange. ~grins~ We all have our limits.





2 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Your gang looks great! And the day sounds like so much fun. Boo-hiss to "Harvest Parties", I say. Bring on the witches, spiders and bats! *grin*

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    I saw these on Facebook! I love them! It looks like they all had a good time!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home