Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On A Lighter Note...

My freckle face turned 10 over the weekend. How does the time go by so fast? I remember when she was born and Andrew was singing "We are going to have a baby" song. I remember when she was sad she would go lay down in the hall and bury her face in the carpet. I remember her dressing up as a princess and twirling around. I remember her not talking to anyone at school for the longest time but then made a fast friend in Madison. I remember her writing letters to our Pastor over a problem with them scheduling some things while she was in dance and wanted it changed. I remember her laughter and giggles with her first ever make-over sleep over. I remember all these things and still wonder where the time went.

Here are a few shots of her memorable 10th birthday weekend:


Skating rink with friends...



We had a small cake on her actual birthday with family:



Our present to her were horse riding lessons. She has been asking for over a year. I asked her what was going through her head while on the horse:

Catherine: I was thinking "I'm on a horse, how to hold the reigns, where to put my feet, I"M on a Horse, how to pull on the reigns, where to look, I'M ON A HORSE!"

6 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    awww Happy Birthday Catherine!! Wow 10 yrs old already...and what a great gift to have given her, sounds like she loves it.

    Love the cake you guys had at home...its too cute. Did you make it?

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger geenalyn said...

    and before i forget go snag the award i gave you from my blog :)

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Nope, didn't make it. It was from Baskin Robbins, LOL. With cookie dough ice cream.

    I saved it to my computer. Now to load it on my blog. Thanks!!

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    Happy Birthday! Ten is such a fun age!

    I am a September "baby" too!

     
  • At 9:01 PM , Blogger Jen said...

    That cake is too fantastic.

     
  • At 12:42 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    A roller skating party!! I think I had one when I was ten, too. That's so much fun.

    Happy Birthday to your girl!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home