Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

So The Mom Van Died...



My van has seen 4 out of my 5 children as babies. It has been enjoyed in so many ways. The love to opening the doors, hanging out the windows, shoving M&M's in the tape player, sticking stickers on the windows, taking the middle seat out and making it a "Dance Floor" (I can still see my son at 2 yrs old shaking his thang on that dance floor), hiding from mom, sitting on top, riding to and from school and so much more. We have been in a love hate relationship these last 2 years. It has slowly been loosing it will to haul us around. Last year the transmission was diagnosed as being shot. We moved. The final sad ailment was that it would not go into park. It just rolled. I had to have rocks to make sure it didn't leave without me. ~grins~ Without a major overhaul it would not pass inspection. So off car shopping we went.

We discovered this summer that we need at least one extra seat so we looked for an 8 passenger vehicle. Enter the Saturn Outlook. Jeff went to the Saturn place (his car is a Saturn, my Dad used to be a Saturn mechanic, We love Saturn's). And there is was.....



Our new family car. The car that will haul us around to school, church, band, choir, Brownies, friends' houses, family outings and so much more. We are forbidden to drink, stick stickers or breath in the car for a while. Ah, that new car smell. Sigh, that new car payment book.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Beth said...

    The Van is dead. Long live the van!

    I love how much your family loves and appreciates all the tiny seemingly insignificant pieces that make up life. You make the mundane sentimental. You make me appreciate the little things, Kim. Thank you for that.

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    It's beautiful! :)

     
  • At 7:47 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

    I'm glad you found a new van! It looks so nice and shiny. I hope you and your family make many happy memories in it!

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger Mary said...

    Very nice! Love the new car :)

    I'm sorry about your beloved van :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home