Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

You Know You Aren't in Arkansas Anymore When...


Moving to Arizona has been eye opening, an adjustment, lots of fun and many more things. There are things they agree on like they both start with A, they both have bad drivers around, and they both have wonderful Churches. BUT there are a few things will clue us in to the fact that we aren't in Arkansas any more....

  • It is November and you can still wear shorts, halter tops and flip flops out side. It was kind of scary to go to the Mall last weekend and see all the Christmas stuff up and everyone in shorts.
  • When you get a drivers licenses in Arizona the renewal date says that they will see me again in 2033.
  • We left our lawn mower in Arkansas and we don't miss it. The "lawns" are mainly rocks out here.
  • The cactus out here are as tall as the Pine Trees that were in our front yard in Arkansas.
And the most amazing thing that I have seen since I've moved out here and I never saw when I lived in Arkansas was....

.....Someone vacuuming their driveway. I kid you not. I told Jeff that I understand the need to be clean and I do try my best to follow the "rule" in the housing association we live in but I will draw the line at plugging in our shopvac and sucking up dirt and rocks that are in the cracks in our driveway. Just am NOT going to do it.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Vacuuming the driveway?!! Hmmm. That's a new one.

    And no license renewal until 2033?! That's pretty funny! (In a kind of dangerous, just-who-is-out-on-the-road-anyway kind of way. LOL.)

    Shorts in November I could totally go for.

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger jeanne_bean said...

    ROFL! DH's anal-retentive cousin has been known to vacuum his driveway as well. I'm convinced only neat freaks would consider such a thing. Girlfriend, you know I will never do such a thing. LOL!

    And we're still in shorts here too. Weird, isn't it?

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Jennifer, I found the date strange too. Although SO nice to not have to remember every 4 year so much could happen between now and then...

    Jeanne, I was wondering if you were still getting the heat. On Saturday the high is supposed to be 58!

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Di said...

    Vacuuming, seriously, that is so wrong!

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger Chelle Y. said...

    I don't even like to vacuum my house! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home