Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Me And My Sore Throat....


I'm sick. I hate when I get sick. On Wednesday I had a scratchy throat by Thursday night I was in full, can't swallow pain. I kept thinking of this commercial where the little kid keeps clutching his throat and saying "It hurts when I swallow" over and over again until he yells for his mom. I didn't like that commercial but that is what it was like. Yesterday I only ate 2 pancakes, bowl of rice and 3 eggs. Because it hurt when I swallowed. I got some meds and am feeling just a little bit better.

I don't get sick often. Charlotte kept coming up to me and patting my cheek saying "You ok Momman". Makes life just a little bit better. Other things that made life a little better yesterday:
  1. It snowed.... The kids loved it. Catherine and her friend Erin walked home from school in it and proclaimed it "The Best Day EVER!". It didn't stick but that is Arkansas for you.
  2. My babysitter volunteered to come and get Charlotte for the morning so I could sleep when I called and cancelled for the day since I wasn't making it to my classes. Allison, you ROCK!
  3. Soft Fleece blankets.... Where have they been all my life. Since it was freezing yesterday the blanket Andrew won at a Christmas party kept me toasty.
  4. A husband that came home and cooked and entertained a 2 1/2 year old as much as he could. Their favorite game is her sitting on his shoulders and leaning over to say hi. Then she tries to psych him out and they both laugh. I would laugh but it hurt when I did that.
  5. A friend that volunteered to come and get Catherine and Georgia and take them to the night out at Gymnastics. They loved it, We loved it. Sabrina... You ROCK! Thanks. It didn't end until 10 pm and we had to fight to stay awake until then. Jeff was elected since I was sick. WOO-Hoo. OR does that make us old that we had to think about who was staying up till 10pm?

Did you know people actually take pictures of their sore throats? Go ahead, google "sore throat" and click on images. Who does things like that? AND that you can buy a sore throat toy? Here is a description incase you just had to know:

"a cuddly toy in the shape of a virus! But, these cuddly characters are incredibly endearing and educational too. Each one comes with a detailed scientific description and photograph of what he looks like under the microscope, along with medical tips on how to avoid picking up these 'bugs' in daily life. Children seem to be totally fascinated by them, and it really helps when explaining all about why they are feeling poorly. The perfect gift to accompany a Get Well Card. A brilliant present for medical students, doctors, nurses, etc ? You can soon understand why they are becoming amazingly popular! Start collecting now."


2 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    I will take your word for the sore throat pictures from Google: ICK!

    The sore throat toy: Strange!

    Fleece blankets: Ahhhhh.

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    FEEL BETTER!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home