Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

He Is Almost 11... Why Does That Scare Me?


I think this one is harder for me since he is my first. Each year older he gets it reminds me of when we became a family and how much we have changed. I had been married for almost 7 years when Andrew came along. Before Andrew came along I did a few things that I wouldn't now that I have kids. Skydiving being one of them. Your whole focus on life changes in a single moment. You might not recoginize it at that time but it starts changing. I laugh now when people say "Having this child hasn't changed us at all". Running around to the schools, dance, taekwondo, scouts, church youth meetings, teaching the church youth group, driving a mini van, having 3 cats, 1 dog and a hamster would not have happened if I didn't have my kids. Things change. That's life. And I wouldn't change a thing about it. Thanks Juju.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    You went skydiving? That's so cool.

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    It was a static line jump but man o man I loved it. I had to hang from the wing of a cessna. Apart from that, climbing trees and rock climbing I don't know what I would list as exhilirating. My poor mom and her heart. I keep looking at my kids wondering which of them is going to be the one to put me on edge by doing things. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home