Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I Am Morphing. There Is Nothing I Can Do....

I lived for the day that my babies said "Momma". I love the word Momma. I like to be called Momma. Not Mom, not Mommy, Not Mother.... Just Momma. Now as much as I love that word I also have days I can't stand the word. You know the kind where there is a whine added to the sound. Or they use that voice that is borderline griping. Or a top nerve getter is when my kids say "Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma...." over and over. I have said 'what' in a nice voice. Then WHAT? Their reply "Nothing. I just like saying Momma a lot". Can I cry? It isn't the same with their dad. He will be watching TV and they will be trying to get his attention with "Daddy. Daddy? Daddy! Daddy!! Daddy!!" until I have to say "Jeff for the love of my sanity answer them!!!" And he goes "Oh, sorry honey, I didn't hear you" to the kids. Why can't I not hear them. Do we have a special bone in our ear that makes us HAVE to hear them?

Any way, on to the morph. My older kids have moved on to the more sophisticated label of "Mom" for me. Most of the time. I still hear Momma a lot. My 5 year old has decided that she is in love with all names, especially my first name. She has latched on that my "real" name is Kim. But it isn't pronounced like most people do she says it where the K has a T and a J sounded added into it. How she does that I don't know. But it is my 2 yr old that has morphed my name into something new. I laugh when I hear it. I wonder where do they get this. It isn't something so far removed from Momma but I feel like I've been named after a pokemon character. She wants me and calls me "Momon, help pease". I feel like she should have an English accent of something when she is talking to me. I am Momon at your service.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Julia calls her father Dave or David. Sometimes Daddy. She calls me "babe" sometimes, too. I get upset if she doesn't call me Mummy or Mama. She's called me Mom a couple of times and I always tell her she's not old enough yet to call me Mom. LOL.

     
  • At 4:53 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    So, do you call Dave "Daddy or Dad" in front of Julia? We have an older couple friend that still just calls each other "Mother" and "Father". No kids in the house. If I'm talking to the kids about Jeff I'll refer to him as Daddy. Like "Daddy will be home in an hour" kind of stuff.

     
  • At 6:13 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    You know, there are worse things they could be calling you....lol!

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    LOL, Amy. I know. I remember thinking my mom was a little nicked in the head. Jeff has called his mom a few choice words but it will NEVER happen to me and my kids. ~snort~

     
  • At 4:27 AM , Blogger Allison said...

    LOL! As I was reading that, I read it wrong and thought you said she calls you Mormon. LOL! Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.... just funny.

    Both girls call me Mommy most of the time, but every now and then, both of them will call my Mama. It melts my heart. It's cute when Hannah says it, but when Grace says it, it makes me even more happy because she's older and I thought she'd never call me Mama again. [sigh] I wish I lived in the south where kids called their moms "mama" for like ever. LOL!

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Move on down here. I still call my Mom "Mama". Dad's are still called "Daddy". My dad refered to his dad as Daddy all the time. Ah, the South.

     
  • At 4:40 AM , Blogger Allison said...

    I know. I love the "Daddy" thing too. Jenn (from the '01 board) came to visit the one summer and brought her then fiance. They're from New Orleans. And he sat here telling Steve hunting stories and he kept saying, "Yeah, my Daddy and I..." and I thought it was the cutest thing EVER! LOL!

     
  • At 7:46 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    I know melts my heart. Somewhere around adolescent time we make the switch to Dad and Mom but it never leaves us and we make the switch back as we get older. I loved hearing my Dad talk about his Dad. Jeff and I talk about our fathers and say "Daddy".

     
  • At 7:21 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    I usually call him Daddy, but I call him Dave, too. She calls me babe a lot because he calls me that. Cracks me up.

    When Dave's talking to his brother he calls his parents Mommy and Daddy. They both do. They run it together and say it really quickly but they do it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home