Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Friday, January 06, 2006

It's Cookie Time....

It's time to be good little cookie soldiers and sell, sell, sell. Now please note that I am the cookie mom for my daughters troop and all that I say is in fun and my order will be huge because I do love them Girl Scout cookies. I have noticed a difference between my son and my daughter when it comes to selling. My son is in cub scouts and they sell the popcorn (which is wonderful, especially the chocolate covered caramel corn). My son can take it or leave it on the selling. He likes to get the stuff. Enjoys the chase to beat his old sell record. But when it comes down to getting out and selling, eh. He would rather stay home and watch the Simpsons.

Now my daughter. She is another story. The sell is on and she is focused. We get the form. She wants to sell. I say "let's wait and go to such and such next week". She says "when do they close?" I tell her and she says "you still have 5 minutes. We can get there!" and off we go cause I am an enabler. Have mini van, will travel. She has our day planned out tomorrow. I hope it is warmer than today. I hope she doesn't work me too hard. I'm kind of lazy that way. Every box she sells is a box we have to deliver. I'm good on the sell. I'm bad on the deliver. There are, like, deadlines and everything. So when that little girl scout rings your doorbell and you buy a couple of boxes (Thin Mints are the best!!) just snicker a little when you see how many boxes she has sold and it is the other mom that has to deliver them all and not you.


2 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    YAY, I'm glad you're blogging more. I love reading about your family.

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    I'm trying. I will have more time to do this now that the kids are all back in school. Plus when I get back online at my job in 2 weeks I'll have super fast connection. drooling....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home