Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Momma Said There Would Be Days Like This....






but she didn't mention weeks, months and years! It's not a bad life, don't get me wrong. Just let me tell you what happened in the span of 1 week in my family life.

  • I dress Charlotte up real nice so that we can go to a school function from my oldest daughter and Charlotte decides to jump in the only mud puddle we have had in months. sigh.
  • Charlotte decides to help me feed the cat by dumping all the cat food from their bowls into the cat's water bowl. She also decides to try drinking like a cat from said bowl.
  • Charlotte wants to run around sans diaper one evening after a bath. Ok. Not bad since we started introducing the potty to her. As she is standing in my chair by my computer she started yelling for me and saying "Momon!! Pooting!!" and then freaks cause poo is now all over her leg, chair, floor.... well, you get the picture.
  • Charlotte washing her hands and then deciding to tear toilet paper up and put it down our drain (which in the grand scheme of things she has done isn't that bad... she took my bathtub cleaner and squirted it all over the bathroom... but at least it was really clean after I scrubed it all up. LOL).
  • Georgia my 5 yr old has no soft button. When she talks it is full force who needs a bullhorn. My brain swells when she comes home from school and she had to be so quiet for so long.
  • Georgia is also my helper and wants to help in the kitchen. Let's just say when she makes her own PB&J sandwiches my kitchen is very sticky. And her way of helping is making her meal and leaving me the mess (we are working on that. LOL)
  • For all the kids, the amount of time spent in my car taking them to and from places (and we limit what they can do because of time and money) is astronomical. Hours and hours. It is only getting worse. 3 are doing things. I still have one on the way up.
  • Georgia and Charlotte fighting over things. Little things. Things that if I threw them in the trash after the fight they probably wouldn't remember we had them to begin with. Survival of the fittest (or who gets the toy first) reigns. Catherine joins in on this too.
  • Catherine and Andrew's hormone fluctuations. Holy cow. They aren't even teenagers yet. One minute lovey dovey and then next ... well, not. Please tell me it won't be too bad!

Oh, there is more. That is enough for one week. I need more diet coke. I tried to quit one time (my friend was going to quit too). I lasted 2 days, if that. I need my diet coke. My Momma tells me "This too shall pass", "you will miss all this once they are older", "The quiet is louder than all that noise", "Better you than me"... ok, the last one is probably what she says when she leaves here. LOL. She raised 4 also. She knows. I know she knows. At least I have my diet coke.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Wow, Kim. Maybe I should stop at two...LOL!

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    You will notice that Charlotte plays a big role in most of that. LOL. The older ones add too but it isn't the adding to the total grime factor. No. You need more. It's really not that bad. (insane laughter)

     
  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Yeah, sure, Kim. Sure.

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    Liar....it was more like 2 hours. *smile*

    I love you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home