Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dear October Baby......



Dear Surprise Baby,

Wow. I wasn't expecting you. I have had to readjust my thinking about what my life was going to be like these next few years. See, Charlotte is almost 3. She was going to be out of diapers this summer and my long love/hate relationship with diapers would end after 11 years of constant changing. No more breastfeeding. I saw that in my future. My body would become my own again. I saw some me time. In the fall Charlotte will begin a preschool program and I would have 2 mornings with just myself. Sleepless nights. Charlotte still keeps me up some nights but we have moved into the phase of me getting more sleep than I have in a couple of years. My work. I saw myself being able to focus on my teaching and maybe going for some more education so I could teach full time. I had to adjust just a little to the change. You are 8 weeks in the making already and not slowing down. But you know what? That is ok because I also started thinking of some of the things I would miss without you...
  • That baby smell.... nothing like it!
  • That first smile. Bliss.
  • The joy my kids had when we told them that we get to fill that last seat in our van. The excitment was such a high.
  • Feeling you move around. I admit that is something I have LOVED during my pregnancies.
  • Watching your first steps.
  • Hearing your laughter added to your brother and sisters.

I had to adjust. Please be patient with me. I"m getting old and set in my ways (I'll be 38 when you are born. Your daddy will be 40). A happy and healthy 7 months until I see you....

Love, Mom

6 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Mary said...

    Kim are you trying to talk me in to having another baby?!?!?!

    your post made me tear up. you can handle what life throws your way, and you make it seem effortless.

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Thanks. I"ll need to be reminded of that come October. LOL. I'm just dreading the infant "sleep" patterns. Maybe I"ll be surprised.

     
  • At 2:00 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Oh, Kim, if there's anyone that can handle FIVE kids, it's you and Jeff. CONGRATULATIONS, and good luck.

     
  • At 7:43 PM , Blogger jeanne_bean said...

    I can't wait to meet him/her either. You are going to be a GREAT mom of 5!

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    I keep having a mind block to the 5 part. LOL. I knew I always wanted 3. Jeff woo'd me into Charlotte. And now this. I'll be praying a lot. And Jeanne, you know you want another one! LOL.

     
  • At 10:24 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Awww, congratulations!! My surprise baby is sleeping quietly upstairs right now and though I wasn't as peaceful and accepting about the, um, "surprise" part of as early you already are, I will say now that he is an amazing and incredible and "What would we do without him?" addition to our family. Happy 7 more months!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home