Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Juju!


Wow! 11 years old. I can't believe how much you have grown up, even during this past year. You were the beginning of our parenting journey. You started it all. I look back and almost laugh over how scared, careful, precise, worried we were bringing you home. You joined us 2 weeks before your due date. We were taking some pictures to send to the family since we were in California. As I was walking around the pains started. Just little ones, not too bad. We waited until 3 in the morning to go to the hospital. You could not wait to join us. Looking at you know I find it amazing that you only weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. You were a long baby. Even in the womb you made your feelings known about how I did things. If I laid on my right side you would kick and kick until I turned over. If Dad wanted to feel you kick you would just stop. Poor man had to wait forever to feel you kick and then you kicked him in the head. You knew what you wanted outside the womb too. You hated to be left alone. You knew the swing would put you to sleep and you hated that, so when I got even close to the swing you would scream. You were exhausting. ~grins~ I remember going to my 6 week check up and telling the Dr. that you were broken. The books all said that babies slept between 18 to 20 hours a day. You did not do that at all. At the time you were in your carrier just looking around, taking in everything. The Dr. told me that it would be ok, just think about all that you are learning and how smart you will be. I just thought about all the sleep you didn't do. But he was right. You are so smart, funny, good sleeper (NOW), thoughtful, helpful... a joy. Thank you for helping your Dad and I get started on the right track. Happy Birthday Andrew!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger mamatulip said...

    Aw, Kim -- "Thank you for letting your Dad and I get started on the right track." This brought tears to my eyes. You are an awesome mom.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    Thanks Katherine. He was not a text book kid. I think if he had been we wouldn't be doing the parenting we are now. We would have been a little more rigid. He is such a cool kid.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home