Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Dang Pregnancy Hormones......


Pregnancy + Hormones + TV Viewing = crying. Tis a sad truth. My hormones are getting the better of me. I happened to turn the TV to the Disney channel last night and Mulan was on. Mulan has to be my favorite movie yet that they have made. So the two scenes that set me off was the one where Yang spared Mulan's life and she looks into the helmet and says that she sees nothing. Poor Mushu tries to help. Then the scene where the Emporer bows to Mulan and everyone else does too. Don't you just love pregnancy hormones? I can't wait for Mother's Day when they do all those Hallmark card commercials. Not going to be fun. My favorite (HA!) memory of pregnancy hormone induced sobbing was during my last pregnancy. My Mom had to put up with a mess that time. She was down helping out but she also causes me stress. Every 10 minutes she would ask if I'm ok! Drove me nuts! So I decided to load up the kids and go have fun. Had the kids loaded and couldn't find the keys. I lost it. Sobbing for my keys. Not being helped by my Mom telling me it was ok. I finally called Jeff and he brought me his keys, hugged me, laughed (because it really was funny) then ran back to work. I ended up taking my Mom with me on the outing because I felt guilty for snapping at her over keys and her "helping" me.

The only thing worse than pregnancy hormones is the After Birth Hormone rampage. I don't need keys or a movie for me to cry my eyes out. After Andrew was born they hit about day 3. I did not know what was going on. I would look at him and cry. I would look at Jeff and cry. I would look at the tiny diapers and cry. Then Jeff had to buy me a sweet mother bear and baby bear figurine and I really cried. At the time it freaked us out because I couldn't tell him why I was crying. We were prepared for the others. Now I'm having to go through it one more time. I'm not a crying person. Not that I don't but there usually is a VERY good reason for me to cry. Not because Mulan is having personal problems. Ah, the ride.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    At least Mulan is more tear-worthy than American Idol. I cried BUCKETS watching American Idol after my daughter was born. Because Simon is so mean to these poor people?! Gotta love the horomones! ;)

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Kimmykay said...

    That is too funny. But I could see doing it. Of course last night he seemed almost nice to the girls.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home