Gumby World

My kids, my life, my need for a sanity check.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Go, Andrew, Go!



Look at you! You passed your testing and now you are a recommended black belt. In 3 more months you will achieve that goal you set 2 years ago.... The Black Belt! Wow. I was watching you last week walk up for your new belt, watching your face, knowing you will be where you have been planning on in just a short time. I'm proud of you for sticking to your goal. I was remembering when you started in 2004. You were getting ready to test for your orange belt, the first in many. You were so excited until we got in the car and was driving to class. You announced that you didn't think you were ready and wanted to wait. I made you go and talk to your teacher to see what he thought. I stood back as you told him your fears. I watched as he took you through all your orange belt step there in the parking lot. I watched you walk in and do it. You did great. You have gotten better with each belt. I've seen you become so much more confident these last 2 years and I know Taekwondo helped with that. I just want to warn you that I will probably cry when you get your black belt. It's what Moms do when they see their little ones do things that say you aren't so little anymore.


2 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM , Blogger Candy said...

    WooHoo! Congrats!!

     
  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    I cry over last days of school and dance recitals. A black belt would put me over the edge. Good for him!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home